Wednesday, June 11, 2008

rain and video


This morning I stayed at Sundollar again to work on a video. Buddy, the dog has kept me company. It has taken me forever to finally get all of my hi-def settings correct in Final Cut Pro to edit in HD (this is my first time to) and not have to render everything once I import it. I told you that because I know you are extremely interested.
I had to do some voiceovers in the dining room today whilst one of the maid/workers that doesn't speak english very well kept on walking in to me having a fleece over my head (to block out sound, but she doesn't know that) and talking about churches benefiting from training seminars. I thought about explaining myself, but I figured it's not really worth it. At another point I got up to stretch and didn't hear her walk in, so I think that as far as she is concerned, I spend my mornings with jackets over my head talking to myself and then the other half standing up with my arms over my head.
So far I've shot about 4 hours of tape, and I'll be getting into the MAIN video that I came here to do sometime this week or early next week....leaving me appx. 20 days to complete it before I head back to Nashville. I'm really happy with the stuff I've shot so far and looking forward to some of the other stuff I'll be shooting....especially the Masi choir if that ever happens.
We all awoke this morning to a Biblical Downpour (thanks seth) out side and it didn't stop until just a few minutes ago. Literally, I feel like you could swim upwards in this rain. It even woke me up through the concrete walls of my room before my alarm went off at 7:15. As I laid in bed, one of the first things that came into my mind was the refugee camp and how the only thing separating them from this rain was a thin layer of plastic.
Keep praying that the refugee camp would be solved and people could go home, and that I, as well as the rest of the team, would follow Colossians 3:17.....

And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

2 comments:

Austin said...

I love reading your blog.

Reasons Why:

First, your pictures are insanely amazing!

Second, you make me laugh... (the Final Cut Pro HD talk joke)

Third, I miss you.

Fourth, Check ya map Dude!

Amy-Jo said...

Ok so I have caught up on your blog and realize you are still in Africa. Hoping for more awkward moments with the cleaning lady finding you burrowed in jackets. Love it. Tell Ashley Dalton hello for me.